Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday

I had a productive weekend. I finished some of the work on La Fleur. My computer crashed and my heart stopped, for my novel was open at the time. However, I did not lose any of my changes. Yeah!

Now, it is Monday, and I must re-orientate myself to work (that pays the bills).

You know what I dream? I dream of New Orleans... of staying for a week at the Monteleone, finishing my book... undisturbed. I have had this dream for some time now. At one time, the dream included my true love accompanying me (he is a dream too). Now, I don't even want him there. I just want to be alone with my novel, my dreams and my libations.

I would go to the Carousel bar, where Julian despised New Orleans, to edit La Fleur and drink.

I would go to Commander's Palace for lunch. Octavius took Beatrice there, along with Josephine, Toussaint and Sylvia. Octavius and Beatrice were reunited at La Fleur in 2008, in the final novel, La Baton. If you have not guessed, Octavius and Beatrice are Jamie and Lela, reincarnated... Sylvia is Nancy...

Well, I am getting ahead of myself. But it is what I dream. I dream... I dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment