Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3AM

Once again, 11PM had snuck up on me as I sat on the sofa working on the 4th edit of La Fleur. It is never-ending. How many times can you review a document and find a missing comma, word or quote?

There just never seems to be enough hours in the day to get it all done. If I could have a week, well two... ok a month, I know that I could finish up! There is not that much which remains to be done...

My job seems to dominate my life, since I enjoy buying a few groceries and having running water. Wow. My long days at work are topped off by a long commute.

Well, the long Metra commute works out. I can work on the novel.

In any case, I made the decision that I should get up early and write. 3AM, yeah that's it. Sure, I AM NOT a morning person, but I'm going to show my dedication by getting up at the crack of dawn to work on this novel...

...undisturbed...

I said a little prayer before falling asleep...

I open my eyes and looked at the clock. 4:15AM! Hey, that's not too bad for a first try...

I open my eyes and looked at the clock. 6:30AM! Loser.

I get up and get into the shower for another day at work. I will just have to rendezvous with my love whenever possible throughout the day, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment