Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!!!



Hi All,

Ah, today is Mardi Gras when excess is blessed! I hope that many of you made it to my beloved Big Easy to enjoy the festivities! In any case, I am there in spirit.



One day, I will return to my home. Actually, my mother's family is from there. I dream of it always.

Mardi Gras brings to mind Louis Armstrong's "Do You Know What Means to Miss New Orleans." I love that song. It was the theme song for an old TV series, "Frank's Place," set in New Orleans, back in the '80's. (I think that was the '80's, from what my mother tells me, of course LOL).

Strangely enough, I never included a Mardi Gras celebration in the novel. Maybe Josephine should do something one year. Perhaps present a girl at the House (she runs the family brothel) for Mardi Gras. In fact, I think that I just figured out how to work it in! Well, you heard it here first guys!

Gosh darn it! I cannot get the song out of my mind. I will be singing it all day...

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
And miss it each night and day
I know I'm not wrong... this feelings gettin stronger
The longer, I stay away
Miss them moss covered vines...the tall sugar pines
Where mockin birds used to sing
And Id like to see that lazy mississippi...hurryin into spring

Oh the Mardi Gras a memory.......a creole tune.... that fills the air
I dream... about magnolias in bloom......and I'm wishin I was there

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
When thats where you left your heart
And there's one thing more...i miss the one I care for
More than I miss New Orleans

(instrumental break)

The moonlight on the bayou.......a creole tune.... that fills the air
I dream... about magnolia's in bloom......and I'm wishin'that I was there

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
When that's where you left your heart
And there's one thing more...I miss the one I care for
More.....more than I miss.......New Orleans


Love Reigns...

Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment