Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year, Guilds and Associations!

Let me start by saying....

Happy Birthday Jordan!

My niece turned 8 years old today. Yeah! Has it truly been 8 years? Well that is what both the calendar and Jordan tell me, so it must be so. Happy Birthday!!!


Yes, I have finally returned. The past several weeks have been insane, and then lump in the holidays and well there it is! Although challenging, these have proven to be some of the best weeks of my life.

After 20 years, I have my OWN apartment. I still feel as if I'm on vacation and that this new reality will pop, disappearing from my life. But it is real. Surreal.

I have finished another major edit of La Rose, and now I am working on the line by line edit. Once completed, I think that we will be ready to go and see the Wizard. I came up with a pretty decent query, but it needs quite a bit of work. Then there is always the daunting task of writing the synopsis. Yikes! But it is well. I will only complete marginal work on the other novels until I complete and polish this one.

Focus....

I have also given a few copies to friends to read. So far, so good. However, some have shared that it is can be a bit violent at times.

I have joined two writers groups. One is the Chicago Writers Association The other is theInternational Women's Writers Guild . I have already enjoyed an outing with Chicago Writers at Sheffield's last Thursday, January 7th for their event Deck the Hall: A Party to Benefit the Chicago Literary Hall of Fame, honoring acclaimed authors Bayo Ojikutu, 47th Street Black; Marcus Sakey, The Blade Itself and Don De Grazia, American Skin. It was great. Each author read from their favorite classic, and then did a second reading from their own work. I got to mix and mingle a little bit, but the free beer distracted me. Everyone had a great time.


Well, back to work. I hope that everything is well with all of you. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Congrat on the new apartment! Can we yell FREEDOM now? Tell all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're on the right track. Or is write track? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, and congrats on the apartment. It sounds like you've been very productive in your time away from blogging. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!! You are making great strides in the new year- that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete